What is Psychology?
Psychology is the field of study of mental & emotional behaviour and thinking, how it affects the human mind and how understanding the source can have positive aftermath on people.
When to see a Psychologist?
It would be good to see a psychologist if you, your child or adolescent experiences one these:
- Academic difficulties
- Behavioural disorders
- Learning difficulties
- Family conflicts
or even if you feel that talking about your struggles will help you in any way.
What is Neuropsychology?
Neuropsychology is a branch of Psychology that relates to cognition, the relation to the brain and the nervous system and how it can affect your day-to-day life
What are WISC/WPPSI Tests?
The WISC Test (Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children) is an standardised IQ test administered to children between ages 6 and 16 by our psychologists. The objective of the exam is to understand the strengths and weaknesses of a child in different categories:
- Verbal Comprehension Index (VCI), which measures the application of verbal skills and information to problem solving
- Perceptual Reasoning Index (PRI), which measures the ability to engage in nonverbal reasoning using visual images.
- Working Memory Index (WMI), which measures working memory, short-term memory, sustained attention, and auditory processing.
- Processing Speed Index (PSI), which measures visual-motor coordination, attention, concentration, and the speed of mental processing.
The performances of each category are then aggregated on a scale for an overall result.
The Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence is another intelligence test designed for children aged from 2 years 6 months to 7 years 7 months. Similar to the WISC, it is divided in these categories:
- Full Scale IQ (FSIQ) – most reliable and representative of general intellectual functioning. (Information, Vocabulary, Word Reasoning).
- Verbal IQ (VIQ) – acquired knowledge, verbal reasoning and comprehension, and attention to verbal stimuli.
- Performance IQ (PIQ) – fluid reasoning, spatial processing, attentiveness to detail, and visual-motor integration (Block Design, Matrix Reasoning, Picture Concepts)
- Processing Speed (PSQ) – ability to quickly and correctly scan, sequence, and discriminate simple visual information
- Global Language (GLC) – expressive and receptive language abilities
What are the fees of a Psychology Consultation?
The fees for a Psychology Consultation are as follows:
- First Consultation (60min): £120
- Follow-up Consultation (45min): £90
- WISC/WPPSI Test: £550
- WISC/WPPSI + Neuropsychological Assessment: £690
- ADHD Assessment: £590
A prepayment of £70 will be asked at the moment you book the appointment, the remaining will need to be settled on the day of your consultation
Marie Bareau - Psychologist & Neuropsychologist
Speaks French & English
Book an appointment
Graduated from the University of Paris 8 in Childhood and Adolescent Psychology Marie Bareau is a psychologist specializing in neuropsychology with children and adolescents.
She acquired her experience in neurodevelopmental disorders and in the diagnosis of the autism spectrum, notably at C.R.E.D.A.T. (Regional Center for Research and Diagnosis of Autism and Related Disorders - GHU Psychiatry and Neurosciences) at Ste Anne Hospital and C.E.R.E.N.E. (Reference Center for the Neuropsychological Assessment of Children) in Paris.
With an initial training at a Business School (1991) and a business experience (Ernst & Young) then at the Institut Curie for more than 10 years, she specialized in the remediation of writing disorders. and has been working since 2010 with children and adolescents attending French, bilingual and English schools. She thus participates in multidisciplinary care and teaching teams in conjunction with other professionals in London.
Her experience at C.E.R.E.N.E. enabled her to carry out neuropsychological assessments in the team and with Hervé Glasel, founder of the C.E.R.E.N.E. for children with learning disabilities and author with Dr Michèle Mazeau of the "Conduct of neuropsychological assessment in children". At C.R.E.D.A.T. She has performed assessments of children with autism spectrum disorders from 18 months to 17 years in participation in the diagnosis with child psychiatrists. At C.M.P. Picot (Paris 16th), she conducted individual and group follow-ups with children and adolescents, mainly with spectrum disorders (Denver method for the youngest, development of social interactions for verbal and non-verbal children). Also trained as a Mindfulness instructor (AMT France), she set up mindfulness groups for young people suffering from anorexia or children with Asperger's disease and ADHD.
She is currently in private practice in London where she has been living since 2006. She conducts psychological (WPPSI, WISC, ...), neuropsychological, attention and executive assessments. She supports children and adolescents in cognitive remediation (PIFAM, COGMED, etc.), and individualised integrative guidance follow-ups, as well as parental guidance sessions. Finally, it offers initiation and Mindfulness practice programs (8-week cycles or on a theme)